I don’t know what to say, there are so many things tumbling through my head right now, so many things I am thinking about, so many things I want to say to so many different people. I just don’t know how to say them. I’ve never been good at expressing my feelings, and right now I am feeling so many different ones.
So, I really want an Agusta MV, like really really bad. The other day Marsha and I were out and about, and the following occurred during one of the conversations.
Me: Baby, I want a crotch rocket.
Marsha: Babe, you already have a crotch rocket.
Happy Birthday Marsha *kisses*
Right now, I feel extremely helpless because things are happening to the woman I love that I can do nothing about.
So, I finally set about getting the conservative governor from the latest mm-sources into 2.6.11.
It actually applies fine – EXCEPT for the Kconfig file. As it happens, the Kconfig file is pretty important as, without it being in there, the kernel doesn’t give you the option to enable it – not a huge problem, just read the Kconfig.rej file and saw the differences and added them in. Gonna run it for a bit and see how it works out, since alot of the new cpufreq stuff does NOT apply cleanly at all to 2.6.11, although the stuff that affects me for the most part did. Also, bumped up to 126.96.36.199, along with all the wonderful goodness that is the gentoo patchset. Perhaps I should modify the cpufreq patch and submit it to bugzilla. The problem with that is, I really don’t know what I am doing – I mean, I know how to generate a patch, I just don’t know how to do it “properly” – specially not for the gentoo-sources. Do I pop a clean copy of the sources in there, and then compare the entire thing, which, SHOULD give just the cpufreq stuff, but then would require being applied last I would guess, giving it a number like 9999_cpufreq-conservative-governor.patch. I guess that would be the best thing to do. I will probably do that some time soon, although I should really be in bed, as tomorrow at 10:30am is the LUG meeting, and I wanna try to get to the bank at 9am or so and try to open that bank account.
I use gnome-blog – because it has a gnome-panel applet. Except that after this recent upgrade to 0.9 (from 0.8) I have been getting a weird error when I try to add it to my panel.
The panel encountered an error while loading “OAFIID:GNOME_BlogApplet”.
Just to show that it actually works – I am posting right now from the version that runs from Applications->Accessories->Blog Entry Poster.
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
And yes, I have searched on google, and most people say to move some file that is in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.8, however, I don’t have that file…
Well, the good news is, I am finally going to be out of this place (soon.)
The bad news is, its because Jon is getting foreclosed on. Not a bad thing by any means, this house is absolutely horrid. It is the ultimate definition of a fixer-upper. It needs new electrical work, new plumbing, probably a new foundation (he’s a rather large guy.)
The other good news is, I *might* within the next month, finally get paid for one of my website designs. Which is good news because I am really really hurting in terms of money. I have a little over 1 dollar in my Paypal account. As well as a little over a dollar in my bank account (Checking.) The other news, is that I am going to be using the money order from my security deposit to open a bank account down here, since no one seems to be willing to return my money (I MEAN YOU QUIKTRIP.)
Side note, the apartment complex in Tucson STILL hasn’t returned any of my phone calls, nor have they provided any proof that I owe them the money, so I *believe* that I can have that info pulled from my credit report. I am going to research that tomorrow I guess.
I just hope that I get some money before I have to find a new place to live, so that I am not living on the street.
you know, i did that music meme thing the other day, and i totally forgot this song…
Nora Jones – Come Away with Me
I absolutely love this song, and I can’t explain why, there is just something about her voice, I really must get more Nora Jones.
So, liferea came out with a new version – only, it wasn’t compatible with the latest version of dbus. So, I decided to make it so. It was really quite simple, once I figured out the old DBUS API -> new DBUS API conversion.
In ui_feedlist.c, there is a line that says
dbus_bus_acquire_service (connection, DBUS_RSS_SERVICE, 0, &error);
That is the old way. The new way is -
dbus_bus_request_name (connection, DBUS_RSS_SERVICE, 0, &error);
It doesn’t seem to be affecting it any, and I really don’t honestly know why liferea is even using dbus, but there it is, for the world to use. I have uploaded a patch to the Gentoo bugzilla that applies cleanly, it is Bug #91928